Bindrunes for protection are potent tools that you can use to protect your witchcraft and your home. With this article, I will explain how to bind the best runes to protect everything you love. Let’s dive into it.
How to bind these runes?
To bind protection runes, simply combine multiple runes together, like how we create sigils. You can draw your bindrune on a piece of paper or you can carve them into wood, your call. I usually do it on paper as it’s easier and more practical to use in spells and rituals.
Plus, it’s super easy to carry around as a talisman for on-the-go protection.
How and why should you decide which runes should be bound for protection?
I decided to use runes with strong protective energies to create something more powerful and more specific for what I wanted to protect.
Combinations of runes
ISA + ALGIZ
You can use this combination to protect yourself in arguments and debates or if you are going through a difficult time.
This bindrune is perfect for you if you think some negative energy is lingering around your house.
Use this bindrune before divination; you will be protected but still open to receiving blessings and guidance from the spirits.
- General divination meaning: defense, inaction, delay, obstacle
- Magical Use: Helps to reveal enemies and gain allies, stops negative forces and situations
- Element: water
- Letter: I.
- Plant: alder, henbane, sweet pea, Solomon’s seal, periwinkle, scutellaria
- Stone: transparent quartz, diamond
- General divination meaning: protection, blessing, connection with the gods, success
- Magical use: all-encompassing protection, both physical and spiritual, from all evil; draws energies and benevolence from the Gods, increases inner strength, favors luck and communication with other worlds (spiritual, divine)
- Element: air
- Letter: Z
- Plant: aromatic calamus, rowan, rush, sage
- Stone: heliotrope, amethyst, black tourmaline
- Number: 9
INGUZ + OTHILAZ
This bindrune is terrific if you want to protect your health and energy when dealing with family issues or any negativity related to family and fertility.
- General divination meaning: birth, interiority, health, strength, safety, protection
- Magical use: promotes respect for others, fertility, helps collect and release energy, helps to clear the fog in uncertain situations
- Element: earth
- Letter: NG
- Plant: apple tree, dandelion
- Stone: yellow sapphire, amber
- Number: 6
- General divination meaning: home, ancestors, property, material wealth, help, family, receiving
- Magical use: favors trade and every situation in which there are two or more people involved (from love to business, friendship and so on)
- Element: earth
- Letter: O
- Plant: snowdrop, hawthorn, clover, elderberry
- Stone: brown zircon, fluorite, ruby
- Number: 7
OTHILAZ + FEHU
Fehu increases wealth, protects the home and material possessions, and gives prosperity.
OTHILAZ + ALGIZ + SOWILO
How to activate the bindrunes?
You can activate them using one or more elements of each rune.
For example, crystals, plants and prayers can be used to activate bindrunes.
To enhance the activation, you can trace a circle around the bindrune while visualizing yourself being protected by a large, spiritual shield, while saying aloud: “I FEEL PROTECTED”
How to use these bindrunes?
You can use them:
- As a talisman for protection that you can take anywhere
- As a talisman to protect your home (you can hang a drawing of your bindrune on your front door, for example)
- While chanting a prayer for protection, to increase the likelihood of your prayer manifesting
- As part of a spell for protection
- Before and after a protection ritual, spell or a divinatory session to keep any negative energy away