In this article, I’ll cover protection spells for loved ones, protection charms, a few symbols of protection from harm, and I’ll give you some tips and tricks that you can use before you start with protection magic.
We live in an aggressive society, that is a fact. We can’t ignore issues that are around us for months, even years, without feeling some kind of consequence.
For those of a relatively peaceful nature, this reality is so shocking that it takes a long time to rearrange thoughts and abilities to respond to provocation.
Some challenges motivate us to achieve our goals or missions. Other challenges, on the other hand, must be absolutely avoided, and this is where the protection magic comes into play.
How to Create a Protective Spiritual Plan
Dealing with a problem or goal with magic does not mean solving all the difficulties. Practitioners think carefully before choosing a magic technique or a spell.
A complete spiritual plan includes:
- A logical thought about the goal or situation.
- Reflect on how magical and mundane actions will affect the outcome of the situation of other people.
- Build a positive support structure around you.
- Reschedule the mind to accept success through thought, speech, and action.
- Involve the Spirit in what you do as much as possible.
I know that all this seems a little complicated for a simple spell, but if we learn to plan wisely, we will have one more chance of achieving success.
Energies to Demonstrate or Ban
Magic represents those actions designed to reject or activate universal energies. Negative energies are removed, while positive ones are attracted.
Thus, practitioners perform two types of positive magic: manifesting and banning (banishing). Manifesting means making something happen. Banning means to remove something.
What’s the First Step?
You will no longer be a victim, but a winner!
Protection spells have are connected with mood and common sense. This means that you shouldn’t be reckless, like going around in the evening half-drunk to the most dangerous area of your city, brandishing a protective amulet as if it was the Cpt. America’s shield.
If you do, it means that you are looking for trouble. And perhaps, the universe will answer your request!
Here’s a RULE: We mustn’t rely on the Black Magic
Through the years of performing all kinds of rituals, I have also learned another thing. If strange things start happening to you, don’t rely on black magic, but ask the Spirit for help! The universe is trying to tell you something.
Maybe you’re walking the wrong path, you’ve made a rash decision, your friends aren’t what you thought they were and their activities bring negativity into your life, or you’re wasting your time on a goal that takes you away from your purpose.
The Dark Side – Avoid if You Can!
Intelligent practitioners do not use magic to harm, because they know that in evil there is no real power. I have personally seen people turn to the dark side, convinced that the Wiccan who do good are weak and that the good is not enough to combat evil.
Well, think again. We are perfectly aware that the world contains both order and chaos, and that both energies work together in the universe to create our world, but chaos does not mean evil, and true Wiccan will never get involved in evil deeds.
I’m not saying you can’t defend yourself if they hurt you; I want to say that there will be moments in life when you will be very angry with some injustice. Resorting to evil does not cancel another’s. On the contrary, we learn to banish that negativity and work with karma, rather than add negative karma to our existence.
… Enough of the theory. Let’s talk about protection magic.
How Long Does it Take to Cast a Protection Spell?
Completing a protection spell or any magical activity can take a few minutes or a few weeks. Each protection spell has its own ritual and a mission, so I recommend that you pick one and finesse it.
For example, if it takes me five minutes to create a protective barrier against negativity that affects the family. But if I try to help a friend who is experiencing a difficult separation, I would need a lot more time.
Don’t be discouraged if a spell doesn’t work right away. Try again. The complexity of magical activity is less important than the delicacy of the procedure and your willpower.
When to Chant a Protection Spell?
Many witches use moon phases to determine the period in which to perform a magical activity. Although there are eight distinct moon phases, we will work mainly with five specific phases:
1. New moon – the opening of something new
2. Full moon – power
3. Black moon – banish
4. Crescent moon – build
5. Waning moon – rework and rebuild
So how long do I need to wait before I see something happen?
You will have to wait as long as it’s necessary. Here’s why;
- The magic normally follows the line of least resistance so, unless you have a reason to address it along a particular line of thought, simply let it go.
Therefore the more obstacles you will put on the way of manifestation, the greater will be the time of its realization; however, this does not mean that you should not be clear in your request.
- Small goals, usually (but not always), appear faster than large ones. For example, spreading salt around the house has an immediate effect, while working on a legal issue can take weeks, even months.
Usually, small goals require 24 hours to 30 days to manifest (an entire lunar cycle). If nothing happens within this period, you will have to repeat the operation.
The witches call this technique “from moon to moon”, since the cycle of the full moon to the next one (or from new moon to new moon) is about 28 days.
- For the most demanding objectives, magical techniques must be strengthened. It may be necessary to use various types of magic each week to achieve the goal.
Cast spells involving many people usually take longer to manifest than an event in which there are only one or two people. Each individual involved will have some sort of agenda (secret or not) that can hinder your success.
You have to sit at a table and determine who the main actors of the drama are, adding an invisible actor. There is always someone, somewhere, who in the shadow contributes to fueling negativity.
- Situations with multiple aspects must be separated, managed individually, and finally, work must be done on the overall result.
For example, your child was suspended at school due to:
(1) a lie told by a companion, and (2) why teachers do not want to hear the truth.
Here we have two priorities, not one, even if the event culminated in a single action, and one aspect can be solved faster than the other. In our example, it may take 30 days to expose the student, but 60 or 90 days to influence the “system” and win.
Or, on the contrary, it will first be necessary to convince the teachers, before the karma falls on the head of the liar, who will be forced to come forward and tell the truth.
Putting negative thoughts into magical work will weaken the intent. If you worry too much about the final result, you will create blocks.
Remember that sincerity and needs have an important weight on any protection spell. If today is Wednesday, the spell should be concluded on Saturday, but you really need to do it today, proceed anyway.
Do I really need every ingredient to cast a spell?
Most magical tasks are based on correspondences, energies or aspects that relate to the purpose of the activity. In this article the purpose is protection.
You will find various ingredients for each spell, as well as some replacement suggestions. These variations are the planetary hour, the divinities, the herbs, the oils, the basic astrology, the totemic animals, the secret alphabets, the moon phases, the colors, and the elements.
Remember that you are don’t have to use all the ingredients mentioned at each spell.
If you don’t like working with plant energies, don’t use them. Replacements are allowed.
I simply tried to offer you a wide range of choices I found useful.
Why protection magic won’t always work? What can you do about it?
In my opinion, if magic does not work, if the spiritual plan fails, self-confidence shouldn’t suffer.
I suggest that you say to the Spirit to “…make the best thing happen for me…” during a magical activity. By saying this, the divine Spirit is allowed to guide us in our work.
Protections Charms, Stones, and Sigils Explained
Some people carry a carved stone in their pockets, and some make a talisman out of a stone, others use them as a necklace or a bracelet.
Various powers are attributed to each type of material, so at the moment, it’s enough to know which ones are needed for spells that protect people.
Here are some examples;
- Against the evil eye, blue beaded necklaces and horsehair are used.
- If you want to sharpen your intelligence, wear onyx, jade and lapis lazuli.
- Pre prevent the classic headache wear a bracelet of topazes, red agates or amethysts.
- Depression? Fight it with rubies and sapphires!
- And if you want courage or more energy, get black agates.
- Women who have just given birth can wear a jet necklace and a horn to protect themselves as well as the newborn baby.
Under the pillow of the cradle, a small piece of iron is inserted to protect the child from evil spirits. It is better to put it in a small bag so that it can be a danger.
- It seems that the jet is also beneficial for rheumatic pains and by keeping it on for fifteen days it can heal, and it also keeps bad dreams and evil thoughts away, which is why you should keep it under a pillow.
- Continuing with the stones, the jasper helps to prevent fever while the turquoise keeps away the evil witches.
- There are magic stones for good luck, for love, for health and whatever you want.
Check my guide to Wiccan Sigils here.
Ancient Protection Symbols: Powerful Talisman Seal of Solomon
Solomon, once a mighty magician, was not only a great king, but he could also govern the world of spirits and various invisible forces that helped his people.
According to legend, he helped them with a magic ring he carried with him. A hexagram was engraved on this ring. It was called the Seal of Solomon.
This amulet is a never-ending mystery. It has so many benefits, that it’s impossible to mention each one of them. It’s one of the strongest ancient protection symbols.
The sign protects against various evil influences, also known as the evil eye. It protects us against black magic and evil spirits. The sigil is used by witches practicing magic because it protects us during rituals or other occult techniques, working as an energy shield against evil and demons.
Keep in mind that only having a Seal of Solomon won’t do the trick. The most important thing is that you redirect the powerful positive energy that you produce into your own Seal of Solomon.
For example, I rely on a hand of Fatima as a dear friend of mine gave it to me as a lucky charm. Being given with love and respect, I use it to protect myself from negative people around me and negative energy that, as you may know, are always just around the corner!
Let’s Take a Look at a List of My Favorite Protection Spells For Loved Ones
Authentication Ritual (Do this Before Every Ritual)
It is found that the self-worship ritual performed before a spell greatly helps to focus on the goal.
You can write your own ritual, or you can use the following.
Take three deep breaths.
- Imagine a silvery light that flows into your body. It is the energy of the Moon Goddess.
- Take three deep breaths. Imagine a golden light flowing into your body. It is the energy of the Sun God.
- Take three deep breaths. Imagine a white light flowing into your body. It is the joint energy of the Universal Life Force or Universal Love.
Speak the following words:
“Blessed be my feet that walk the path of mystery.
Blessed are my knees bending before the sacred altar.
Blessed be my heart, molded in beauty and love.
Blessed be my lips, who pronounce sacred names.”
Open your arms to welcome protection and love. Then bring it back slowly to your heart to indicate that you have accepted these gifts, and end with these words.
So be it. Now you can start casting.
1. The God Janus Protection Spell
In the process of casting this spell, we will have to request some assistance from Janus, the two-faced Roman god of all beginnings.
- Half a cup of coffee;
- a piece of butter;
- the names of the people who obstruct you written on a strip of plain paper;
- a coffee filter;
- a clean bowl.
- Put a filter in a bowl, and on this filter, there should be indicated the magic symbol, rune, or the name of the god or goddess you have chosen. The two-faced god Janus is particularly suitable for this magical activity.
- Add butter and heat it along with a filter.
- Put a strip of paper with names (or just one) on the top of a filter.
- Pour in a warm coffee on the mixture.
- Ask Janus for help to remove these individuals from your life.
- Once the spell is completed, throw away the mixture far away from home.
This is one of the strongest protection spells from enemies, to fight back any negative energy casted towards you, your life and your goals.
2. The Touch and Burn Spell
This is a classic White Magic spell that serves to protect your belongings.
- A pin or a nail;
- a white candle;
- the object you want to protect (a wallet for example).
- Heat the tip of the pin or nail, then engrave your name in a candle, then light it.
- When flame calms down, close your eyes and visualize the light of a candle in the darkness of your mind.
- If you can’t, try to “hear it.”
- Continue to practice until you feel that you have mastered it.
- In the end, put your hands on the object you want to protect, and say these words:
“If you touch it you will burn!”
- Keep repeating these words while touching the object.
- See the heat and light from the candle that penetrates the object, making it too hot for anyone who wants to touch it without your permission.
- Visualize the pentacle symbol above the object.
- Finally, let the candle burn out.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Cast it on Sunday, at the time of the sun.
- Cast it on the full moon.
- Repeat everything once a month.
- Add a personal security seal on the object.
You can protect almost everything, your car, house, bag, art, expensive jewelry, etc.
3. St. Brigid’s House Protection Spell
A fantastic spell to bless and protect your home from any harm.
- Choose the divinity that best represents your sense of the Divine.
For this spell, I usually work with Brigid, a Celtic goddess of water and fire, whose healing energies will help purify a home which was violated by the violence, heated discussions or other negative manifestations.
St. Brigid’s day is one of the four most important festivals of the Celtic tradition, and we celebrate it on February 1st (Candelora).
The totem of this goddess is a cow, so diary offerings (such as milk) are welcome.
- Visualize the four elements throughout the house, imagining that negativity is banned from every room.
- Once finished, stand in the middle of the room and say this invocation:
“I’m the wind on the sea.
They are an ocean wave.
I am the roar of the sea.
I am a powerful ox.
I’m the hawk on the cliff.
I am a drop of dew in the sun.
I am the force of art.
I am a spear with loot engaged in battle
I cleaned the stony place on the mountain.
From the cellar to the attic, from the window to the door,
from the roof to the garden, I fill this house
protective energy of (Name of the chosen deity)
and I ask that the people here reside
the blessings are dispensed.
So be it!”
Renew this ritual every six months.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Act with the full moon.
- Cast it on a Monday (family matters) or Sunday (business matters).
- Cast it when the moon is in Cancer or Virgo.
- Act in the time of the moon.
- Repeat every year, possibly on February 1st and New Year.
This ancient Celtic poem magically affirms your sovereignty over the house you live in.
4. The Blessed Button and Enchanted Cord Spell
This is one of the protection spells that work because of love and friendship.
Get a real button from every true friend, asking him to bless him with protection and love.
- Put the buttons on the cord, asking the divinity for protection, love, and luck.
- Use the lanyard for all kinds of protective magic, or carry it in your purse or briefcase to ensure good luck and protection.
- If you have a particularly difficult day, place the enchanted cord around your photo.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Cast it on Friday, in the hour of Venus.
- Cast in on a full moon day.
- Cast it when the moon is in Leo.
Not only for yourself, but you can also collect buttons for:
– A sick friend.
– A friend who moves into a new house.
– For friends who go to the university that is far away from home.
I recommend using this one as a protection spell for someone else.
5. The Handkerchief Enchantment Spell
This spell is beneficial for the protection of the people that live in a house with you.
- A white handkerchief for each family member;
- Blessed spring water;
- Sea salt;
- Protective incense of your choice;
- A photo of each family member.
- Lay handkerchiefs on a flat surface. They must be open, not bent.
- On each handkerchief sprinkle some spring water and sea salt. That will purify each one.
- Move each handkerchief over the incense three times.
- Put a picture on each one. You must know to who it belongs to.
- Place your hands on the first photo and say:
“And the Spirit did miracles by the hands of the children of God,
so that they could bring aid to the sick and fearful,
to heal diseases and free them from evil spirits.”
- Visualize a pure white light that enters your body from the crown chakra (top of your head) and slowly descends towards the heart, arms, hands and finally into the picture.
- If you lose your concentration or feel that you are finished, take a deep breath and seal the spell by making the sign of the cross with your hands over the photo and the handkerchief.
- Pick the next picture and a handkerchief and repeat the process.
When you are finished, thank the Spirit for the guidance.
Give the handkerchief to the person to whom it belongs, because they need to carry it, not you.
Renew this ritual every six months, or sooner, if you feel it necessary.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Add a choice of protective herb mixture to the sea salt.
- Cast it with the full moon.
- Cast it on Monday, at the time of the moon.
- Cast it on your birthday.
- Add the name of a specific deity.
This spell works well, even if you want to protect our sick friend or a suffering pet.
I tried to give you all the tools to make these spells in the simplest way possible.
Some experienced witches won’t agree with some of my sayings and/or rituals, but what I’m trying to do here is to simplify these spells for those that know nothing, or a little bit about the art of spellcraft.
6 Fundamental Notes for Protection Spells
Here are some fundamental rules of magic aimed at personal protection (or any other white magic) and an explanation of the most common things that you should be aware of before you cast anything.
- The most important one: do everything to protect yourself without rituals before turning to magic, that is, first apply all your strengths and common sense to resolve a situation.
- If you are abused, don’t keep it inside but talk about it as soon as it’s possible with someone you trust.
- Never target an innocent. It can happen that if you cast a harmful spell, it will deflect back to the one that’s casting it – you.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to react. You should have enough strength and nerves to do a ritual of protection.
- If you do something morally, ethically, or legally wrong, don’t ask the magic to protect you. If you ask the universe to fix something that you did wrong, it will ignore your request and will set things right the way it thinks, so be careful.
- You must first ask for permission, and if your intentions aren’t harmful, you will receive it.