In this article, I’ll cover protection spells for loved ones, protection charms, a few symbols of protection from harm, and I’ll give you some tips and tricks that you can use before you start with protection magic.
We live in an aggressive society, that is a fact. We can’t ignore issues that are around us for months, even years, without feeling some kind of consequence.
For those of a relatively peaceful nature, this reality is so shocking that it takes a long time to rearrange thoughts and abilities to respond to provocation.
Some challenges motivate us to achieve our goals or missions. Other challenges, on the other hand, must be absolutely avoided, and this is where this article comes into play.
- How to Create a Protective Spiritual Plan
- How Long Does it Take to Cast a Protection Spell?
- When to Chant a Protection Spell?
- Protections Charms, Stones, and Sigils Explained
- Let’s Take a Look at a List of My Favorite Protection Spells For Loved Ones
- 6 Fundamental Notes for Protection Spells
Before we continue
Casting your own magic spells takes skill and patience and isn’t recommended in most cases. I provide these “do it yourself” spells for educational purposes, but it is strongly recommended that you consult an experienced spell caster such as myself and allow me to do the work for you.
This way you know it’s being done by someone experienced and knowledgeable and I’m also always here to answer questions about your casting and provide follow-up at no additional charge.
Protection Spell Casting
Protection Spell Casting creates a protective shield around you. It protects you from evil and negative energy, for a period between 3 to 6 months. It’s an instant spell, you don’t need to wait days for it to become active.
What you can expect from me:
- Private and personalized approach
- Casting done in less than 24h
- Only the best ingredients & tools
- Free consultations before & after spell casting
I have helped hundreds of clients over the years, and I’d love to work with you as well.
How to Create a Protective Spiritual Plan
Dealing with a problem or goal with magic does not mean solving all the difficulties. That’s the reason why practitioners think carefully before choosing a magic technique or a spell.
Getting ready and knowing what you are doing before, during, and after the spell casting is a great way to give your magick the chance to work and its effects the chance to manifest. Let’s see how to create a complete spiritual plan to cast protection spells for your loved ones.
A complete spiritual plan includes:
- A logical thought about the goal or situation.
- Reflect on how magical and mundane actions will affect the outcome of the situation of other people.
- Build a positive support structure around you.
- Reschedule the mind to accept success through thought, speech, and action.
- Involve the Spirit in what you do as much as possible.
I know that all this seems a little complicated for a simple spell, but if we learn to plan wisely, we will have one more chance of achieving success.
Energies to Demonstrate or Ban
Magic represents those actions designed to reject or activate universal energies. Negative energies are removed, while positive ones are attracted.
Thus, practitioners perform two types of positive magic: manifesting and banning (banishing). Manifesting means making something happen. Banning means to remove something.
What’s the First Step to Protection Magic?
You will no longer be a victim, but a winner!
Protection spells are connected with mood and common sense. This means that you shouldn’t be reckless, like going around in the evening half-drunk to the most dangerous area of your city, brandishing a protective amulet as if it was the Cpt. America’s shield.
If you do, it means that you are looking for trouble. And perhaps, the universe will answer your request!
Here’s a RULE: We mustn’t rely on the Black Magic
Through the years of performing all kinds of rituals, I have also learned another thing. If strange things start happening to you, don’t rely on black magic, but ask the Spirit for help! The universe is trying to tell you something.
Why? Let’s suppose your house is on fire. You would use more fire to put out the fire or would you use some water? Black magic would mean bringing even more negativity into your life instead of fighting back with a spiritual openness and more light created by a white magic practice.
Maybe you’re walking the wrong path, you’ve made a rash decision, your friends aren’t what you thought they were and their activities bring negativity into your life, or you’re wasting your time on a goal that takes you away from your purpose.
The Dark Side – Avoid if You Can!
Intelligent practitioners do not use magic to harm, because they know that in evil there is no real power. I have personally seen people turn to the dark side, convinced that the Wiccan who do good are weak and that the good is not enough to combat evil.
Well, think again. We are perfectly aware that the world contains both order and chaos, and that both energies work together in the universe to create our world, but chaos does not mean evil, and true Wiccan will never get involved in evil deeds.
I’m not saying you can’t defend yourself if they hurt you; I want to say that there will be moments in life when you will be very angry with some injustice. Resorting to evil does not cancel another’s. On the contrary, we learn to banish that negativity and work with karma, rather than add negative karma to our existence.
… Enough of the theory.
How Long Does it Take to Cast a Protection Spell?
Completing a protection spell or any magical activity can take a few minutes or a few weeks. Each protection spell has its own ritual and a mission, so I recommend that you pick one and finesse it.
For example, if it takes me five minutes to create a protective barrier against negativity that affects the family. But if I try to help a friend who is experiencing a difficult separation, I would need a lot more time.
Don’t be discouraged if a spell doesn’t work right away. Try again. Recast it. The complexity of magical activity is less important than the delicacy of the procedure and your willpower.
If a spell you would like to perform is a spell that requires a daily practice like repeating a certain prayer for 5/7/10 days in a row and you cannot commit to that kind of practice, simply skip that kind of spell and choose one to whom you can commit completely, being truly present and open to follow its instructions in the long term.
When to Chant a Protection Spell?
Many witches use moon phases to determine the period in which to perform a magical activity. Although there are eight distinct moon phases, we will work mainly with five specific phases:
So how long do I need to wait before I see something happen?
You will have to wait as long as it’s necessary. Here’s why;
The magic normally follows the line of least resistance so, unless you have a reason to address it along a particular line of thought, simply let it go.
Therefore the more obstacles you will put in the way of manifestation, the greater will be the time of its realization; however, this does not mean that you should not be clear in your request.
Small goals, usually (but not always), appear faster than large ones. For example, spreading salt around the house has an immediate effect, while working on a legal issue can take weeks, even months.
Usually, small goals require 24 hours to 30 days to manifest (an entire lunar cycle). If nothing happens within this period, you will have to repeat the operation.
The witches call this technique “from moon to moon”, since the cycle of the full moon to the next one (or from new moon to new moon) is about 28 days.
For the most demanding objectives, magical techniques must be strengthened. It may be necessary to use various types of magic each week to achieve the goal.
Cast spells involving many people usually take longer to manifest than an event in which there are only one or two people. Each individual involved will have some sort of agenda (secret or not) that can hinder your success.
You have to sit at a table and determine who the main actors of the drama are, adding an invisible actor. There is always someone, somewhere, who in the shadow contributes to fueling negativity.
Situations with multiple aspects must be separated, managed individually, and finally, work must be done on the overall result.
For example, your child was suspended at school due to:
(1) a lie told by a companion, and (2) why teachers do not want to hear the truth.
Here we have two priorities, not one, even if the event culminated in a single action, and one aspect can be solved faster than the other. In our example, it may take 30 days to expose the student, but 60 or 90 days to influence the “system” and win.
Or, on the contrary, it will first be necessary to convince the teachers, before the karma falls on the head of the liar, who will be forced to come forward and tell the truth.
Putting negative thoughts into magical work will weaken the intent. If you worry too much about the final result, you will create blocks.
Remember that sincerity and needs have an important weight on any protection spell. If today is Wednesday, the spell should be concluded on Saturday, but you really need to do it today, proceed anyway.
Do I really need every ingredient to do the spell?
Most magical tasks are based on correspondences, energies, or aspects that relate to the purpose of the activity. In this article the purpose is protection.
You will find various ingredients for each spell, as well as some replacement suggestions. These variations are the planetary hour, the divinities, the herbs, the oils, the basic astrology, the totemic animals, the secret alphabets, the moon phases, the colors, and the elements.
Remember that you are don’t have to use all the ingredients mentioned at each spell.
If you don’t like working with plant energies, don’t use them. Replacements are allowed.
I simply tried to offer you a wide range of choices I found useful.
Why protection magic won’t always work? What can you do about it?
In my opinion, if magic does not work, if the spiritual plan fails, self-confidence shouldn’t suffer.
I suggest that you say to the Spirit to “…make the best thing happen for me…” during a magical activity. By saying this, the divine Spirit is allowed to guide us in our work.
Protections Charms, Stones, and Sigils Explained
Some people carry a carved stone in their pockets, and some make a talisman out of a stone, others use them as a necklace or a bracelet.
Various powers are attributed to each type of material, so at the moment, it’s enough to know which ones are needed for spells that protect people.
Here are some examples;
- Against the evil eye, blue beaded necklaces and horsehair are used.
- If you want to sharpen your intelligence, wear onyx, jade and lapis lazuli.
- Pre prevent the classic headache wear a bracelet of topazes, red agates or amethysts.
- Depression? Fight it with rubies and sapphires!
- And if you want courage or more energy, get black agates.
- Women who have just given birth can wear a jet necklace and a horn to protect themselves as well as the newborn baby.
Under the pillow of the cradle, a small piece of iron is inserted to protect the child from evil spirits. It is better to put it in a small bag so that it can be a danger.
- It seems that the jet is also beneficial for rheumatic pains and by keeping it on for fifteen days it can heal, and it also keeps bad dreams and evil thoughts away, which is why you should keep it under a pillow.
- Continuing with the stones, the jasper helps to prevent fever while the turquoise keeps away the evil witches.
- There are magic stones for good luck, for love, for health and whatever you want.
Check my guide to Wiccan Sigils here.
Ancient Protection Symbols: Powerful Talisman Sigil of Solomon
Solomon, once a mighty magician, was not only a great king, but he could also govern the world of spirits and various invisible forces that helped his people.
According to legend, he helped them with a magic ring he carried with him. A hexagram was engraved on this ring. It was called the Sigil of Solomon.
This amulet is a never-ending mystery. It has so many benefits, that it’s impossible to mention each one of them. It’s one of the strongest ancient protection symbols.
The sign protects against various evil influences, also known as the evil eye. It protects us against black magic and evil spirits. The sigil is used by witches practicing magic because it protects us during rituals or other occult techniques, working as an energy shield against evil and demons.
Keep in mind that only having a Sigil of Solomon won’t do the trick. The most important thing is that you redirect the powerful positive energy that you produce into your own Sigil of Solomon.
For example, I rely on a hand of Fatima as a dear friend of mine gave it to me as a lucky charm. Being given with love and respect, I use it to protect myself from negative people around me and negative energy that, as you may know, is always just around the corner!
Let’s Take a Look at a List of My Favorite Protection Spells For Loved Ones
Authentication Ritual (Do this Before Every Ritual)
It is found that the self-worship ritual performed before a spell greatly helps to focus on the goal.
You can write your own ritual, or you can use the following.
Take three deep breaths.
- Imagine a silvery light that flows into your body. It is the energy of the Moon Goddess.
- Take three deep breaths. Imagine a golden light flowing into your body. It is the energy of the Sun God.
- Take three deep breaths. Imagine a white light flowing into your body. It is the joint energy of the Universal Life Force or Universal Love.
Speak the following words:
“Blessed be my feet that walk the path of mystery.
Blessed are my knees bending before the sacred altar.
Blessed be my heart, molded in beauty and love.
Blessed be my lips, who pronounce sacred names.”
Open your arms to welcome protection and love. Then bring it back slowly to your heart to indicate that you have accepted these gifts, and end with these words.
So be it. Now you can start casting.
1. The God Janus Protection Spell
In the process of casting this spell, we will have to request some assistance from Janus, the two-faced Roman god of all beginnings.
- Half a cup of coffee;
- A piece of butter;
- The names of the people who obstruct you written on piece of paper;
- A coffee filter;
- A clean bowl.
How it’s done
- Put a filter in a bowl, and on this filter, there should be indicated the magic symbol, rune, or the name of the god or goddess you have chosen. The two-faced god Janus is particularly suitable for this magical activity.
- Add butter and heat it along with a filter.
- Put a piece of paper with names (or just one) on the top of a filter.
- Pour in a warm coffee on the mixture.
- Ask Janus for help to remove these individuals from your life.
- Once the spell is completed, throw away the mixture far away from home.
This is one of the strongest protection spells from enemies, to fight back any negative energy cast towards you, your life, and your goals.
If you can repeat the spell after one week from the first casting to see results. It’s not mandatory but it’s a great plus.
2. The Touch and Burn Spell
This is a classic White Magic spell that serves to protect your belongings.
If you want to protect a certain area of your life you can use an item linked to it to make it happen. For example: if you want to protect your finances you can cast a spell on your wallet, if you want to protect a project, cast the spell on a folder with all your documents about it, if you want to protect someone you love you can cast the spell on one of his/her belongings or if you want to protect the relationship you have with someone you cast a spell on an item strictly related to you and this other person.
This is not an easy spell but it’s still very powerful. If this is your first time casting a similar kind of spell, try something easier and more beginner-friendly at first and then give this more advanced one a try.
- A pin or a nail;
- A white candle;
- The object you want to protect (a wallet for example).
How it’s done
- Heat the tip of the pin or nail, then engrave your name in a candle, then light it.
- When flame calms down, close your eyes and visualize the light of a candle in the darkness of your mind.
- If you can’t, try to “hear it.”
- Continue to practice until you feel that you have mastered it.
- In the end, put your hands on the object you want to protect, and say these words:
“If you touch it you will burn!”
- Keep repeating these words while touching the object.
- See the heat and light from the candle that penetrates the object, making it too hot for anyone who wants to touch it without your permission.
- Visualize the pentacle symbol above the object.
- Finally, let the candle burn out.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Cast it on Sunday, at the time of the sun.
- Cast it on the full moon.
- Repeat everything once a month.
- Add a personal security seal on the object.
As I said, you can protect almost everything, your car, house, bag, art, expensive jewelry, etc. It’s definitely one of the strongest protection spells from enemies.
3. St. Brigid’s House Protection Spell
If you feel some negative energy is around your place, maybe you feel someone you know is sending your home negative vibes and you need protection, this is a fantastic spell to bless and protect your home from any harm.
It’s a spell for expert witches because it involves a prayer only and, even if it might seem a bit weird, when you work with the power of prayers, affirmations and more is way more difficult to do it as you need to focus and commit completely to let it work.
Spend a little time to get ready for this and see how it goes.
How it’s done
- Choose the divinity that best represents your sense of the Divine.
For this spell, I usually work with Brigid, a Celtic goddess of water and fire, whose healing energies will help purify a home which was violated by the violence, heated discussions or other negative manifestations.
If you are not comfortable with this kind of invocation, choose to refer to some god/goddess you feel a connection with and that inspires protection and safety.
St. Brigid’s day is one of the four most important festivals of the Celtic tradition, and we celebrate it on February 1st (Candelora).
The totem of this goddess is a cow, so diary offerings (such as milk) are welcome.
- Visualize the four elements throughout the house, imagining that negativity is banned from every room.
- Once finished, stand in the middle of the room and say this invocation:
“I’m the wind on the sea.
They are an ocean wave.
I am the roar of the sea.
I am a powerful ox.
I’m the hawk on the cliff.
I am a drop of dew in the sun.
I am the force of art.
I am a spear with loot engaged in battle
I cleaned the stony place on the mountain.
From the cellar to the attic, from the window to the door,
from the roof to the garden, I fill this house
protective energy of (Name of the chosen deity)
and I ask that the people here reside
the blessings are dispensed.
So be it!”
Renew this ritual every six months.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Act with the full moon.
- Cast it on a Monday (family matters) or Sunday (business matters).
- Cast it when the moon is in Cancer or Virgo.
- Act in the time of the moon.
- Repeat every year, possibly on February 1st and New Year.
This ancient Celtic poem magically affirms your sovereignty over the house you live in. You can also use it as a protection spell for someone else.
You can do to your loved one’s house and cast this spell for them if someone close to you feels some protection is needed. Just focus on that home and feel like you are a vessel from protection to get to your loved ones and their place and make it happen! You’ve got this!
4. The Blessed Button and Enchanted Cord Spell
This is one of the protection spells that work because of love and friendship.
You can cast it for yourself but for a friend too. If a friend of yours asks for protection, if this friend feels like something negative is around him/her and you want to help him/her out, this is the right spell to do so.
I performed this spell so many times and always worked. You know it works when the people you cast this protection spell to feel a sense of renewed harmony and safety around them. It might take up to 7 days to manifest.
- Get a real button from every true friend, asking him to bless him with protection and love.
- A chord (or a string of white cotton)
How it’s done
- Put the buttons on the cord, asking the divinity for protection, love, and luck.
- Use the lanyard for all kinds of protective magic, or carry it in your purse or briefcase to ensure good luck and protection.
- If you have a particularly difficult day, place the enchanted cord around your photo.
- “Say these words to enchant the button and turning it into a protection amulet
As the chord is around the button
So protection is around me (you)
Supported, secured, safe
A shield of protection is rising up.”
To reinforce the spell you need to cast:
- it on Friday, in the hour of Venus.
- in on a full moon day.
- it when the moon is in Leo.
Not only for yourself, but you can also collect buttons for:
– A sick friend.
– A friend who moves into a new house.
– For friends who go to the university that is far away from home.
I recommend using this one as a protection spell for someone else.
5. The Handkerchief Enchantment Spell
This spell is beneficial for the protection of the people that live in a house with you.
So if a member of your family needs some protection this is the right spell to cast. You don’t need anything too fancy or hard to find. The most important thing for you to do before casting this spell is to cleanse your mind before casting it.
Why? As you are going to cast this spell on a family member it might happen that you absorbed a little bit too much of the worry, the fear, and the sense of discomfort he/she is feeling it. Try to shake these feelings off and get ready to be open and positive to create this protection shield with the help of this enchanted handkerchief.
- A white handkerchief for each family member;
- Blessed spring water; (you can use simple water and bless it on a night of new moon)
- Sea salt;
- Protective incense of your choice;
- A photo of each family member.
How it’s done
- Lay handkerchiefs on a flat surface. They must be open, not bent.
- On each handkerchief sprinkle some spring water and sea salt. That will purify each one.
- Move each handkerchief over the incense three times.
- Put a picture on each one. You must know to who it belongs to.
- Place your hands on the first photo and say:
“And the Spirit did miracles by the hands of the children of God,
so that they could bring aid to the sick and fearful,
to heal diseases and free them from evil spirits.”
- Visualize a pure white light that enters your body from the crown chakra (top of your head) and slowly descends towards the heart, arms, hands, and finally into the picture.
- If you lose your concentration or feel that you are finished, take a deep breath and seal the spell by making the sign of the cross with your hands over the photo and the handkerchief.
- Pick the next picture and a handkerchief and repeat the process.
When you are finished, thank the Spirit for the guidance.
Give the handkerchief to the person to whom it belongs, because they need to carry it, not you. It is going to work as an amulet for protection.
Renew this ritual every six months, or sooner, if you feel it necessary.
To reinforce the spell you need to:
- Add a choice of protective herb mixture to the sea salt.
- Cast it with the full moon.
- Cast it on Monday, at the time of the moon.
- Cast it on your birthday.
- Add the name of a specific deity.
This spell works well, even if you want to protect our sick friend or a suffering pet.
I tried to give you all the tools to make these spells in the simplest way possible.
Some experienced witches won’t agree with some of my sayings and/or rituals, but what I’m trying to do here is to simplify these spells for those that know nothing, or a little bit about the art of spellcraft.
Magick is not that tricky dark complex practice we are used to seeing in movies or around the internet. You should consider it as a chance to explore yourself, get in tune with your true energy, and learn how to shine and spread your light into the world by making some magic.
6 Fundamental Notes for Protection Spells
Here are some fundamental rules of magic aimed at personal protection (or any other white magic) and an explanation of the most common things that you should be aware of before you cast anything.
- The most important one: do everything to protect yourself without rituals before turning to magic, that is, first apply all your strengths and common sense to resolve a situation.
- If you are abused, don’t keep it inside but talk about it as soon as it’s possible with someone you trust.
- Never target an innocent. It can happen that if you cast a harmful spell, it will deflect back to the one that’s casting it – you.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late to react. You should have enough strength and nerves to do a ritual of protection. Cast a spell as soon as you can before any negative energy gets too strong and it gets a bit harder to fight it back.
- If you do something morally, ethically, or legally wrong, don’t ask the magic to protect you. If you ask the universe to fix something that you did wrong, it will ignore your request and will set things right the way it thinks, so be careful.
- You must first ask for permission if you are going to cast a protection spell for loved one. If you want to make it without them knowing what you are doing you should cast it only if your intentions aren’t harmful. If you cast a spell from a place of love and care it might manifest without negative effects or backfires.