Spiritual cleansing baths are one of my favorite things to do when I feel a need to cleanse my energy and recharge. Sometimes you know you feel a bit stressed out, negativity is around you, and a sense of heaviness is on your chest all the time.
That’s when I know my body and my soul need a spiritual cleansing bath. So, today I thought I’d share with you guys my favorite ingredients so you can prepare your own!
When do I need a spiritual cleansing bath?
When you feel energetically drained, heavy, and stressed out it’s definitely time for a spiritual cleansing bath! For the perfect timing, a full moon is great to banish negative energy, but you can definitely take it when you need it the most, just make sure you have some time to spend all by yourself and in pure relaxation.
Must-have spiritual cleansing bath ingredients
Of course, for a bath you need water! Water is the oldest and most powerful of the elements, and has predominance over the others: it swallows the earth, extinguishes the fire, and rises in the air and, falling in the form of rain, is the origin of everything that grows on earth and creates what swims in the water and what flies in the air.
- Water is the principle of everything.
- It holds the seminal virtues in everything, and in it resides the ability to generate everything.
- The need for water is so great that without it, life would be impossible: the earth without moisture can give birth to nothing.
- Without it, any spiritual rebirth is impossible.
- It has significant effects on purifications and atonements, like fire.
- Water is the proper element of the quality of life and balance, given its ability to form a flat and uniform surface in all circumstances. So, it is thanks to this element that the vital balance on earth is maintained. Through the progressive damage to the environment and the consequent degradation of all water systems, this quality will be eliminated and replaced by the kiss of death.
- The extraordinary beauty of Nature that is rarely experienced by human beings is a gift of the regenerative power of this element, and this beauty is not only an aesthetic gift but a fundamental quality of life.
- Magnetic qualities flow through the core of the Water Element; this force is called Magnetic Fluid.
Salt has been called “Tears of God” and with good reason, as it is one of the purest substances on earth. Negativity cannot adhere to salt—so it is ideal for spiritual cleansing and purification.
Many people are attracted to sea baths without knowing that they are taking a spiritual salt bath, provided that the water is as clean as it could be from Bethany in the Dead Sea; not surprisingly this is where the Nazarene was baptized by John the Baptist.
Sometimes we need freshness, to cleanse our bodies and free ourselves—maybe after a bad experience at work or just a streak of bad luck that doesn’t want to end. A salt bath can be the thing you need to “reset” your energy and allow you to move forward. To start, know that you can also take a clean spiritual bath at home.
Then shower, wash your hair and clean the tub before filling it. Take a full bath (submerging yourself as much as you can) and throw in it 3 handfuls of sea salt or, even better, Himalayan salt or the Dead Sea salt because it is naturally pure and untreated.
If the tub is not deep enough, you can sit down and pour the water over your head instead. When you are back in the tub, visualize all the problems and worries that plague you and then immerse yourself underwater a total of three times. While the tub is draining, sit in the water and as it goes down the drain you will see your problems go away with it.
There are those who say:
“This beautiful water with God’s permission purifies me and heals me. Turn my whole body into light, outside and inside. All my fears and negativity are washed away”;
or there are those who invoke the angels and archangels corresponding to their date of birth as Suhrawardi probably did.
The herbal infusion is prepared simply by boiling herbs in water and leaving them to infuse for about fifteen minutes, then filtering with a sieve into a glass container.
When everything is ready, light the candles, add and mix the infusion to the water in the tub, and immerse yourself.
Clear your mind and focus as much as possible on the magical properties of the water you have just created and let your body absorb them for at least thirty minutes.
Fill the bathtub with warm water and pour the infusion of the herb suitable for your case:
- Basil: rituals of protection, love, and wealth.
- Bergamot: rituals concerning money and work.
- Cinnamon: amplifies spiritual vibrations and psychic powers.
- Cedar: stimulates concentration and helps to achieve tranquility.
- Clove: to receive energy and/or for wealth-related rites.
- Gardenia: to protect and eliminate negativity.
- Myrrh: for protection, consecration, and purification.
- Pine: to purify from old memories.
- Vanilla: for prosperity and purification.
If herbs are not your thing, essential oils can be a great option! Below you will find a series of blends suitable for purifying and regenerating your spirit:
- Purifying mixture = 5 drops of peppermint essential oil, 5 drops of tea tree oil, and 5 drops of rosemary essential oil;
- Harmonizing blend = 5 drops of lavender essential oil, 5 drops of clary sage essential oil, 5 drops of geranium essential oil (you can optionally add 5 drops of Roman chamomile essential oil);
- Invigorating blend = 5 drops of bitter orange essential oil, 5 drops of peppermint essential oil, 3 drops of cinnamon essential oil.
My spiritual cleansing bath ritual
Light a white candle and add a handful of salt to the bathtub. Relax and breathe deeply, visualizing that the water contained in the tub erases all negativities, purifying the spirit and filling it with light.
If you don’t have a bathtub: in a bucket or in a basin, add a handful of salt, close your eyes, breathe deeply while passing the water on your body with a cloth or sponge (preferably a natural one), and visualize that the water in the container purifies each layer of your spirit.
In the shower: prepare a bowl with the salt and the combinations of essential oils suggested by me, then put the salt in a cotton bag that will be placed on top of the shower, so that the water hits the bag and the salt can be dissolved. Imagine that, together with the shower water, white light comes out, which purifies and eliminates any negativity.
Wring out your hair and let it dry so that the salt forms a protective film over your body.
Note: It is not necessary to air dry yourself unless you feel completely afflicted by negativity. Repeat weekly (every 7 days) until the negative energy has been removed and you are spiritually cleansed.