What is the Moon Phase Tonight?
New Moon and Solar Eclipse in Taurus - April 30th
You know what the New Moon is and when it happens, but what exactly does it mean for us, and how do we take advantage of it? In this article, we will talk about what the New Moon means for you this month.
I’m going to break everything down so that it’s easy to understand, and I’ll be updating it for us, too!
About the author
Magickal Spot has helped thousands of readers worldwide, and she’s personally worked with hundreds of clients and helped them manifest desires to have a happier and more abundant life.
Come back regularly to see what’s new and coming next.
This month’s New Moon occurs on April 30th and is coupled with a Solar Eclipse. The Taurus-Scorpio axis initiated back in November 2021 is the central focus; this is a continuation and “level-up!” Eclipses are powerful and as this one isn’t random but synchronistic and part of a greater pattern, this is a great chance for self-evolution and transformation.
- Taurus are natural master manifestors and earth builders. They embody a very strong sensual, down-to-earth, practical, grounded, and dependable energy, and they are both hard-working and reliable- and kind, benevolent, and compassionate.
- As the “earth Bull,” this is the time to take charge and move forward with plans, hopes, and ambitions. There’s both a spiritual vibration and a down-to-earth one
- A Solar Eclipse is a time of completion and spiritual maturity- a bringing to light of old cycles, including karmic, toxic/unhealthy, and past cycles, and a commitment to evolution and self-growth. It is a powerful and vibrant time.
- You can find power and authority tied to your resources, material assets, and physical worldly foundations. These things can be used as tools for beauty, connection, and deeper intimacy or community!
- Earth as quality is yin in nature, feminine, passive, magnetic, receptive, gentle, intuitive, and emotional wise and intelligent. Connecting to the feminine, emotional, and spiritual or even astral aspects of life will help you with any practical or grounded venture now. In short, don´t think business or manifestation have to be separated from soul and sensuality, or sensitivity and sincerity.
- The “red flag” of this lunar cycle lies in Taurus´ shadow: stubbornness and hedonism. Try not to lose your sense of self in the pursuit of pleasure, prosperity, or luxury. Also, be mindful of being so stubborn and traditional that you forget to flow with the changing times…
Before we continue...
Casting your own magic spells takes skill and patience and isn’t recommended in most cases. I provide these “do it yourself” articles for educational purposes, but it is strongly recommended that you consult an experienced spell caster such as myself and allow me to do the work for you. This way you know it’s being done by someone experienced and knowledgeable and I’m also always here to answer questions about your casting and provide follow-up at no additional charge.
As you’ll see, I offer castings for just about any purpose in both white magic and safe black magic options as well as the new moon and full moon enhanced castings. The new and full moon spells are a great way to boost the power of your spell as each moon-enhanced casting uses special items and materials that are known to work very well during these moon phases to strengthen your casting and may even lessen the manifestation time as well!
Moon enhanced castings also are completely separate from your base casting so it’s a second casting which will also boost the original casting, providing even stronger results.
What you can expect from me:
- Private and personalized approach
- Casting done in less than 24h
- Only the best ingredients & tools
- Free consultations before & after spell casting
Some of client’s testimonials:
You can find more testimonials on each product page.
Use a special 15% discount available for all New Moon Spell castings. These enhanced castings use items and materials that are known to be ‘supercharged’ by the power of the Full Moon, resulting in stronger and more potent spellcasting.
Use code: moon15 in checkout!
How this New Moon is affecting you personally?
Fire signs (Aries, Leo & Sagittarius)
You´ve always had the vision… Now you’ve got the practical wisdom! Go for gold, and don’t hold back. But, don´t become insensitive or forget the power of team spirit, unity consciousness, and cooperation. Shining and desiring to be victorious shouldn’t be mistaken with becoming a bully or oppressing everyone else. Not everyone is your competition- some people are here to help you or can even contribute to your life and abundance. This is your lesson.
Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo & Capricorn)
Modesty meets excitement for you now as you really start to see how you can have it all. You were born to succeed- you´re allowed to wish for the dream life, the relationship, home, success, stability, romance, health, and financial security. Being open to receiving is not selfish! If you find yourself becoming insecure or returning to old bad habits, remind yourself that Solar Eclipses are powerful; you might just be picking up on lingering karmic or old energy. Shift your attention to the future self you´ve been working hard on.
Air signs (Gemini, Libra & Aquarius)
Take your ideas and innovative projects and ground them into the physical world, now. Don’t stay stuck in the dreaming, pondering, or wishing stage because this is a time for real action. The intensity of the Taurus Moon and Solar Eclipse might make you want to become lazy or give into inaction, but this would be a bad move! Meditate, exercise, ring a friend or colleague, do something random to spark your zest, or give yourself a quick (healthy) ego boost; do whatever you have to do to align yourself with your talents and best self… It’s time to shine.
Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio & Pisces)
If you play it safe, you could find yourself regretting it later… It might be easy to fall into the “modesty trap” now; Taurus is a very modest and down-to-earth sign, and combined with their warmth, grace, and sensitivity- and being a feminine earth sign, you could run the risk of not stepping into the spotlight and shining your gifts. You have so many gifts that could help others. Even stepping into the limelight for a moment can remind others that true beauty comes from within, from sensitivity and a connection to Spirit. Step out of the ego and remember who you are.
Key themes of This Month's New Moon
Sensuality, Love-Making, Romance, & Beauty…
Firstly, one of the ways to enhance all the other themes of this moon is to get in tune with your body. Anything from sensuality to massage or dance to love-making should do the trick! Taurus is deeply sensual; they have a spiritual essence, despite being so materialistic and practical and enjoy things that bring a sense of natural beauty. They strongly dislike fakers, takers, and superficial people. Taurus are givers, and your ability to feel an intimate connection with yourself is tied to how generous and kind you are. Authentic people turned on by natural beauty and romance- predominantly feminine qualities- are usually natural givers.
All of this will make sense when you understand that Venus, the planet of love, beauty, romance, and female sexuality, is Taurus´ ruling planet. You must play, dance, make love, self-pleasure, sing, get your hands dirty through working outdoors in nature, plant or tend to your seedlings, go outside in the rain- or sunshine, and do things like forage in nature, or work with flower extracts and essential oils.
Sensuality and our need for deeper intimacy with both ourselves and others is at an all-time high. Don´t waste it by getting stuck in a superficial, robotic or 3D reality or being disconnected from your body.
One thing to watch out for here is hedonism, the greedy and over-indulgent pursuit of pleasure. This is the Taurus sign´s downfall or ´shadow.´ You might find yourself taking pleasure and beauty too far, so make sure you integrate some meditation and/or spiritual pursuits & activities into your lifestyle.
Here are some outside the box things you could do when you start to feel yourself wanting to get lost to physical pleasure, sex, food, or other addictions:-
- Take a walk through a nearby forest, national park, or woodland. Rivers and lakes work fine too! Check out the local plants, mushrooms, animal, and flower species. Forage. Wild foraging is an amazing way to strengthen your connection to the earth and planet around and to your body, and to increase chi flow and vitality levels.
- Relax in the bath with some soothing or peaceful music, like Tibetan bells & chimes, singing bowls, binaural beats, or chakra meditation music. Put on some herbal incense or organic (quality) essential oils. Allow your mind to still and quieten and merge with the subconscious, astral, or spiritual realms… Practice visualization if you wish to enhance your connection to the divine.
- Read a book to amplify your extrasensory gifts of perception. Set an intention for claircognizance, clairsentience, and clairvoyance, the gifts of seeing beyond the veil of illusion and psychic & spiritual perception. For example, you may want to focus on connecting to the characters of the book for emotional intelligence, wisdom, and empathy. Or, you could choose to work on your memory and practice telepathy with yourself, picturing some key scenes and holographic portals and then seeking to remember core dialogues or events in perfect detail later. The simple act of ´reading´can be taken to so many new levels if you open your mind to all the subtle and psychic phenomena that are available to you!
- Your entire sense of security and self-identity are linked to how secure and comfortable you feel in your body. So, if you’ve been neglecting your diet, now is the time to make some healthy changes. Research herbs for healing, ayurvedic remedies, and vegan or plant-based diets; consider the impact of regular and conscious/mindful fasts, as part of a normal routine and lifestyle. Fasting, for example, can kick-start your system and cleanse, flush, and detox all the chemicals, metals, and preservatives that have been unconsciously consumed…
There is a tendency to indulge and seek constant pleasure when the Moon is in Taurus, so make sure you listen to the messages of your body. Pay attention to your intuition. A healthy body is a healthy mind, spirit, and heart.
Security, and Self-Esteem & Self-Worth
I cannot emphasize enough just how powerful this portal is for financial, professional, educational, and future abundance growth. Now is the time to get really, really, clear on your future visions and aspirations… Physical foundations, personal resources, prosperity, windfalls and inheritances, the money you make through work and service, and manifestation and personal power are the name of the game.
You will find your need for security coming into superior focus. Settling for a mediocre or mundane life won’t do it for you now- you need abundance, success, material wealth, and victory! But, please don’t mistake this for stomping over others or becoming a tyrant, or being spiritually disconnected. I´ve met some true bullies in this life who think the only way to “win” is to try to eliminate competition (or who they perceive as competition) and come first at any cost.
There are two things you can do to take the beautiful energy of this New Moon Solar Eclipse to the next level. The first is to work with the Tarot, and the second is to work with the energies of Venus. Firstly, familiarize yourself with the Pentacles in traditional tarot, specifically the Nine & 10 of Pentacles, and the Queen, King, and Ace of Pentacles.
These cards, or archetypes, signify that you have reached a new level of prosperity, financial success, self-confidence, and practicality. Tarot cards are archetypes and energies, so meditating and reflecting on the pentacles cards mentioned can amplify your inner vibration, connecting you to the essence of the card. These are all signs of great success, self-authority, gold, and wonderful accomplishment. Generational wealth and long-lasting happiness too!
Venus is the planet to work with and connect to astrally this lunar cycle. The qualities of Venus are naturally lit up and readily available, for example, romance, beauty, sensuality, the positive path or pursuit or pleasure, feminine qualities… Nurturance, caring, kindness, grace and compassion should be sought embodiment and integration, while the qualities of Mars. Venus´opposite- should be steered away from as best as possible.
By all means, take the passion and high energy from Mars, but leave the aggression, competitiveness, lust, dominance, and need to be first or win! (Or to always be right.) This New Moon represents the foundations you make and maintain, and strong foundations are not built from throwing others under the bus.
Cooperation, generosity, warmth, heart and soul, harmony, and unity are favored over the Martian characteristics described.
Act with integrity and don´t be afraid to merge soul with business. You will find yourself seeking greater security and physical foundations that nurture your spirit while growing your wealth pot. If you want to create a lasting foundation, act from the heart and with moral values, as this will equally increase your self-esteem and self-worth. What does a healthy sense of self-esteem/worth bring…? Abundance, opportunities, and blessings…
Fertility and Emotional Wisdom & Intelligence
Finally, this moon brings the themes of fertility and emotional wisdom and intelligence. Mother Earth is abundant, loving, and providing; she wants you to claim your birthright and step into generational wealth (the 10 of Pentacles tarot card can help you understand this!). When you break generational cycles, you help others do the same.
This is basically referring to coming out of poverty consciousness and breaking free of family, ancestral, societal, and karmic cycles that have plagued our world. You are here in the Age of Aquarius! You are a star.
Regardless of whether you know it yet or not, you possess hidden gifts and talents that can help humanity rise to new heights, heal from ancestral wounds, and transcend repetitive traumas. The planet is abundant and fertile- you´re not separate from it; you’re interconnected. Take care of your health and well-being, honor your physical body (your divine vessel), and look towards holistic pathways of health.
Eat better. Eat more whole foods, organic food, plants, vegetables, fruits, and things that grow directly from the ground. They have more life force. Fertility is at an all-time high, and this can signify reproductive fertility, creations and projects, ideas and accessing higher states of consciousness, and/or new beginnings and expansion in any area of life.
As for emotional wisdom and intelligence: astral forces are strong, and feminine wisdom is sparked. Regardless of your gender, you can connect to the subtle, emotional, subconscious, and spiritual realms for deeper insights, guidance, and assistance on your path. Intuition and natural instincts are also enhanced.