Cleansing herbs are incredibly useful to banish negativity and let pure, positive, vibrant energy come into our life. Depending on each herb, we can also take advantage of their aromatherapy aspects and their energy to really feel good.
Today we will learn more about cleansing herb magic so let’s dive in!
- How does cleansing herb magic work?
- Most powerful cleansing herbs
- Smudging and cleansing herb magic
- How is smudging done?
- How to use these herbs as an alternative to incense?
- Final thoughts
How does cleansing herb magic work?
Cleansing herb magic works as a way to purify yourself and your space from negativity using the power of vibrant natural energy and some plant essences and properties.
Most powerful cleansing herbs
Use it for environments, objects, people, and rituals. This is the best and most common cleansing herb. It’s ideal for leaving the day behind before going into meditation or practicing yoga. It is perfect to purify a house’s energies; it can be used when moving to a new place, or when negative energies are felt in an environment, etc.
It is also suitable for cleaning stones and crystals. Sage belongs to a very large family of plants; ideally, the best in this context are the officinal sage and the white sage (the officinal sage is a European native and is probably the one you have in your garden or that you can find at the nursery, and white sage is originally from California).
Recent studies show that sage fumes eliminate bacteria.
Use it for psychic abilities, to open the third eye, divination, and success. It has a very pleasant aroma, reduces anxiety, and promotes mindfulness. It can be burned to grant a wish (while burning, make your wish). It’s my favorite! It’s an excellent product.
Use rosemary for purifying and protective. It removes negativities from objects, environments, and goes very well to purify a place when someone is sick, as it removes the negative energies related to diseases.
Lavender is another amazing herb to cleanse your space but especially to help you remove negativity and that feeling of heaviness you often feel when negativity is overwhelming you.
Did You Know?
I was honored when I was recently asked by Court TV producers to consult on a case.
You can view the clip below. This case is a great example of why I do not cast any spells that have harmful intentions. As a Professional Spellcaster, I work with clients from all over the world and it’s important to me to remain grounded and stay ‘in the light’ so that I can help as many people as possible.
Casting your own magic spells takes skill and patience and isn’t recommended in most cases. I provide these “do it yourself” spells for educational purposes, but it is strongly recommended that you consult an experienced spell caster such as myself and allow me to do the work for you.
This way you know it’s being done by someone experienced and knowledgeable and I’m also always here to answer questions about your casting and provide follow-up at no additional charge.
Health & Wellness Clearing
What you can expect from me:
- Private and personalized approach
- Casting done in less than 24h
- Only the best ingredients & tools
- Free consultations before & after spell casting
If you’re interested in hiring me to do the clearing for you, you can hire me below.
Smudging and cleansing herb magic
One of the most common shamanic rituals is that of “smudging”, or the burning of sticks of aromatic herbs (called smudge, ‘weaving of leaves’) to drive negative spirits out of one’s home but also from one’s soul.
Each plant protects a sacred spirit according to the ancient traditions of the American Indians, and it is thanks to this sacred nature of the same that it is possible to derive healing benefits on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level, purify your environments and use them as guides and as protections.
When we feel stuck, negative, lazy, or even decidedly depressed it is time to light the plants and savor their healing smoke.
Burning these herbal sticks at home can help eliminate the negative energy that has been created, perhaps due to a discussion or even in a room where a patient has lain; it helps to get rid of old relationships; it gives energy for the start of a new day but also stimulates sleep by eliminating stress.
In addition, smudging helps to give a sense of protection from the frantic and chaotic world.
The smoke created by plants must be directed around the body to feel its energy and power; in case you want to purify a room, just spread the smoke in it to feel its benefits.
How is smudging done?
A large variety of aromatic herbs can be used for purification rituals. They can be chosen according to personal tastes or their properties.
Although bunches of dried aromatic herbs are most commonly used, you will also need some accessories and a series of very simple procedures for optimal smudging results.
What do you need:
- Matches or lighter
- 1 bunch of aromatic herbs for smudging (choose between those listed above!)
- A small fireproof bowl (ceramic ones are ideal)
- A little sand (this is optional, but it can be useful to put out the herbs after using them)
How to proceed:
- First, take 10-15 minutes to dedicate to the ritual.
- Light the top of the bunch of herbs with a match or lighter. Gently shake to extinguish the flame.
- Move the bunch gently in the air so that the smoke expands into the corners of the house you want to purify.
- Extinguish the embers by placing the bunch in the bowl when you have finished the cleansing ritual.
How to use these herbs as an alternative to incense?
All these herbs can very well be burned like classic incense or used without having to burn them.
When used as a smudge (bunches of fresh herbs that are then dried out), they purify, remove negative energies, and bring clarity and harmony to the environment.
They are ideal before practicing yoga or meditation, after an illness, when moving to a new house, after a bad dream, in case of anxiety, or simply to calm the mind and raise our vibrations.
Smudging with smoke
- As smudges, in bundles of herbs to burn: compose one or more varieties of the leaves or herbs you want to use, depending on the situation and the intent, tie them together with natural fiber, let them dry, and as soon as they’re ready, light them at one end.
- To spread the smoke, you can help yourself with a feather (fan type) or simply pass it into the environment.
- Let them burn: choose your herbs and light them inside an anti-smoke bowl, e.g. metal. Here the loose sage is suitable for fumigation.
The “with smoke” technique allows you to take advantage of both the therapeutic qualities of aromatherapy, therefore linked to their fragrance, and the purifying action that releases their smoke.
Smudging without smoke
- Add your herbs or leaves to a small bowl with water and place it on the radiator.
- Add the leaves to the boiling water instead of oils or essences.
- Boil a little water with your herbs or leaves and let the aroma spread in the room.
In “smoke-free” cases, only aromatherapy effects can be used.
If you really don’t see yourself wandering around the house with a bunch of steaming dried herbs, the alternative is to burn them in the form of incense.
A prayer to be recited during smudging
“May I be free from the darkness.
May my space be blessed and sacred.
May my heart be cleansed so that I can hear its messages clearly.
May my throat be purified, so as to speak rightly when words are needed.
May my eyes be wide open, so as to see the signs and wonders of the world.
May I be and this space be washed away by the smoke of these herbs
And may the smoke itself bring my prayers, spiraling, towards heaven.”
You can also see my favorite cleansing spells here.
If you think there is serious negativity around you and need some guidance, remember that I am always here for you!
If you need my help, I have my spell casting service to cast a cleansing spell on you and help you remove negativity while embracing a better, happier, brighter life.