A dream pillow is a pillow stuffed with fragrant herbs that encourage sleep and/or dreaming.
It may be used for healing, to encourage the patient to rest, or a magical practitioner may use it in an effort to receive guidance or visions during sleep.
Herbs that encourage sleep or dreaming include:
- Agrimony – Agrimonia eupatoria
- Anise – Pimpinellaa anisum
- As – Fraxinus spp
- Bay Laurel – Laurus nobilis
- Betony – stachy officinalis or betonica officinalis
- Damiana – Turnera diffusa
- Eyebright – Euphrasia officinalis
- Hazel – Corylus avellana
- Holly – Ilex spp
- Honeysuckle – Lonicera spp
- Mint – Mentha spp
- Mugwort – Artemisia vulgaris
- Oregano – Origanum spp
- Poppy – Papaveraceae spp
- Thyme – Thymus spp.
- Wormwood – Artemisia absinthium