When it comes to candles there is a lot to be said. They connect us with our senses, affect moods, change environments, or purify items, it depends on their purpose when they are created and the intention when they are lit. So today we’ll find out how long does candle magic take to work and how can we speed up the process.
- But how long does candle magic take to work?
- Here are some tips when working spiritually with candles
- Candle magic is taking too long to work, what can I do?
Ritual candles, for example, are created at certain times of the year or different stages of the lunar cycle. Summer energy is different from autumn energy. The candles created in summer are used to stimulate the environment and those of autumn to purify it.
There are candles that are specifically made for eclipses and are intended to clarify ideas. The essence, colors, and herbs with which they are prepared to connect with their purpose. You can buy them or create them all by yourself, it really depends on how you want to proceed and how you feel about it. If you want to create your own candles, consider it a part of the ritual.
As an example, light blue candles are regularly made on a new moon cycle and have a lilac or lavender scent that release a subtle scent in a gentle way, the goal of these candles is to help someone relax and let go of any worries. On the contrary, king blue candles have rosemary and rue to impose the strength and will of those who work with it, that is why we call them domain candles.
Beyond the ingredients with which they are made, during the process of creating candles, their purpose is sown, since enchantments are sung when tempering the wax, preparing the wick, awakening the power of essential oils.
When making candles, you always ask permission from the four cardinal points and work with the three kingdoms (mineral, vegetable, and animal). Working with candles is a ritual art, it takes patience because everything worthwhile takes time.
Before we continue
Practicing magic takes skill and patience and isn’t recommended to do it alone in most cases. I provide these “do it yourself” articles for educational purposes, but it is strongly recommended that you consult an experienced spell caster such as myself and allow me to do the work for you.
This way you know it’s being done by someone experienced and knowledgeable and I’m also always here to answer questions about your casting and provide follow-up at no additional charge.
Professional Spell Casting by Tina Caro
I have helped hundreds of clients over the years, and I’d love to work with you as well.
But how long does candle magic take to work?
It depends. Candles are used for many different spells and rituals and the timing differs as per each use.
When we cast a spell with candles, their energetic flow and their properties usually manifest within 1-2 weeks. Of course, it depends on the spells’ directions, but generally, that’s the timeframe. Let us suppose you cast a candle love spell and the instructions tell you it takes 14 days to manifest, then you should be patient and just wait.
What can you do with the candles to make things manifest quicker?
If it’s a black magic spell, I will usually avoid in relighting the candle, because I prefer to remove and discard the remains of the candle and the other ingredients. I find it helps me to forget about the practice and focus on positive energy again. But, follow your instincts and you won’t fail.
Candles for cleansing: Instant effect
Candles are amazing for cleansing. We can use a white or a black candle when we feel the energy around us is heavy and we feel a bit off. If you want to purify a space like your home, your workplace, or another place you spend a lot of time in, then when you light a candle, you will have instant results as it attracts all negativity and transforms the energy into a positive one.
That is the reason why lighting a candle can make you feel better immediately.
Of course, to boost the effect, keeping it lit for a while is a great option so you can enjoy its beneficial effects in the long term.
Candles for Sabbath: 2-3 weeks
I love performing both Sabbath and seasonal rituals as they really help me to get in tune with the shifting energy that is coming from nature, the sun, and the moon.
When I do so, I usually keep the candles I use for the Sabbath when honoring a season or Mother Nature and I love using them on long term rituals to really attract the energy I need to face a new phase. So, I light them up every day until they are completely consumed by their flame.
Candles for moon rituals: 3 days
I usually use a white candle for these rituals and I use the flame to burn my intention or forgiveness list (depending on the type of lunar phase), after that I keep the candle lit for up to 3 days as the lunar phases usually last 3 days at its peak.
I put the candle aside and use it for another ritual later, but I make sure I use the candle for lunar rituals ONLY.
Here are some tips when working spiritually with candles
- When you light a candle for a ritual, keep away from distractions, spend time with it, because the flame you light will connect with your body spiritually. It is a subtle energy that deserves time, space, care, and attention. Take the candle in your hands and connect with the purpose of lighting it. Hold it, take a deep breath, relax your body, mind, and emotion, before lighting it.
- The clearer your mind, the faster you will connect to the light. It is better to light a candle daily for 30 minutes than to do it once and in a hurry. You can work the same candle for one, two, or three lunar cycles, specifying its use and maintaining a purpose for it. If it is not achieved by the third month, it is time to release it and put your intention into something else.
- Avoid using red candles when working with sick people, since red can worsen a condition, it is better to work with violet or light blue candles.
- Always have white candles available, they can be used for many different intentions.
- Thank each candle every time you extinguish it and thank yourself for allowing yourself to connect with your inner light.
- Decorative candles are for that, to beautify the environment, enjoy their purpose when they are created, and do not attempt to change them to candles of magical intention because you, will not find favorable results since they lack any intention during the creation ritual.
Candle magic is taking too long to work, what can I do?
Just be patient and wait a little bit longer. It takes time for candle magic to manifest, if you are not focused and/or completely committed to the practice, it will take longer to manifest if it does at all.
Maintain a positive mindset, trust your candles, honor, and thank them for their support in your magical practice and let the energy do its work.