The color green is fresh and exciting, evoking the possibilities associated with new growth and new beginnings. The color encourages growth, forward thinking and good health. It calms the nerves and brings balance to your body or surroundings.
Decorate your surroundings with the color green to encourage a sense of balance and calm. Wear green to bring luck while gambling or engaging in any money-making enterprise. Overuse of the color green can lead to feelings of boredom and stagnation.
Green Color Spiritual Symbolism
In many spiritual traditions, the color green is associated with nature and the environment.
It is often seen as a symbol of growth, renewal, and connection to the natural world and is often used in rituals and practices to help practitioners connect with the earth and their own inner strength.
In some spiritual practices, the color green is also associated with healing and balance. It is often seen as a symbol of restoration and harmony and is often used in rituals and practices to promote healing and balance.
In many spiritual traditions, the color green is also associated with envy and jealousy. It is sometimes seen as a symbol of negative emotions and is associated with resentment and covetousness.
Correspondences for the Color Green
- Elements: Earth
- Direction: North
- Chakra: heart
- Planet: Venus, Jupiter, Mars
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Days of the Week: Friday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Tools: cauldron, chalice
- Tarot: Emperor, Sevens, Aces
- Deities: The Mother Goddess, Gods of Healing
The Color Green in Magick
The color green can be brought into your magical workings by using green altar tools, green candles, green minerals and crystals such as emerald, peridot, malachite, garnet, jade, aventurine or gaspeite, or any green plant.
The energy of the color green supports any magical working related to love, fertility, abundance, money, prosperity, luck, resurrection, rebirth, jealousy, teaching, learning, changing attitudes, environmental issues and peace.
The color green contains both male and female energy.
A list of deities associated with green color
Here are some deities from various cultures that are associated with the color green:
- Artemis: In Greek mythology, Artemis is the goddess of hunting, wild animals, and the wilderness. She is often depicted wearing a green cloak or dress.
- Osiris: In Egyptian mythology, Osiris is the god of the afterlife, the dead, and the fertility of the land. He is often depicted with green skin, which represents the color of rebirth and regeneration.
- Tawaret: In Egyptian mythology, Tawaret is the goddess of fertility, childbirth, and protection of the home. She is often depicted with a green complexion and a head shaped like a hippopotamus.
- Dionysus: In Greek mythology, Dionysus is the god of wine, celebration, and fertility. He is often depicted wearing a crown of ivy, a green plant.
- Lir: In Irish mythology, Lir is the god of the sea and the father of four children who were turned into swans. The swans were said to have had green feathers.
- Eostre: In Anglo-Saxon mythology, Eostre is the goddess of spring and fertility. She is often depicted with a green cloak or dress.
- Faunus: In Roman mythology, Faunus is the god of the forest, fields, and fertility. He is often depicted with a crown of leaves, which are typically green.
- Thoth: In Egyptian mythology, Thoth is the god of wisdom, knowledge, and the arts. He is often depicted with green skin, which represents the color of new growth and renewal.
- Kalki: In Hindu mythology, Kalki is the final incarnation of Vishnu and is believed to be coming in the future to end the current age of darkness and ignorance. Kalki is often depicted riding a green horse.
- Anahita: In Persian mythology, Anahita is the goddess of fertility, water, and wisdom. She is often depicted wearing a green dress or cloak.
10 most popular green-colored symbols
Here are ten popular symbols that are associated with the color green:
- The four-leaf clover symbolizes good luck and is often depicted in shades of green.
- The Shamrock: This is a symbol of Ireland and represents the country’s Celtic heritage. It is often depicted as a green clover with three leaves.
- An olive branch is a symbol of peace and is often depicted in shades of green.
- A pine tree is a symbol of strength and endurance and is often depicted in shades of green.
- A bamboo plant is a symbol of prosperity and is often portrayed in shades of green.
- A lotus flower symbolizes enlightenment and is often depicted in shades of green.
- A turtle is a symbol of longevity and has a green shell.
- A frog is a symbol of transformation and is often portrayed in shades of green.
- The dragon: This is a symbol of power and is often depicted with green scales.
- A snake symbolizes rebirth and is often displayed in shades of green.
What is the meaning of dreaming of a green color?
In general, the color green in dreams is often associated with the following themes:
- Nature and the environment: Green is often associated with nature and the environment, and dreaming about the color green might indicate that you feel a solid connection to the natural world or that you feel rejuvenated and refreshed by the outdoors.
- Growth and renewal: Green is also often associated with growth and renewal, and dreaming about the color green might suggest that you are experiencing growth or change in some aspect of your life.
- Healing and balance: Green is also sometimes associated with healing and balance, and dreaming about the color green might indicate that you are feeling a sense of balance and harmony in your waking life.
- Envy and jealousy: Green is sometimes associated with negative emotions such as envy and jealousy, and dreaming about the color green might suggest that you are experiencing these emotions in your waking life.