Easy to find and fantastic to use, nutmeg is something that should not be missing on a witch’s shelf! Let’s learn more about Nutmeg Magical Properties and why it is so good for our craft!
What is Nutmeg?
Originally from Indonesia, nutmeg is a perennial plant whose fruit produces a hard grain covered with a membrane.
This grain is precisely the spice that we use so much in the kitchen, which is enough to scratch and add to any dish to give it a subtle and enjoyable taste.
However, the most crucial part of it are it’s various health benefits.
The first mention on the plant dates back, to the first century when Pliny the Elder in his writings spoke of a tree that had two distinct aromas – hot and spicy aroma and aroma that’s similar to a mix of cinnamon and pepper.
Although it was widespread in Arab markets for centuries, in Europe, it became more popular in the sixteenth century, becoming one of the most sought after spices.
In fact, so much so that it was the subject of bitter hostility among Western countries, which tried to win the trading monopoly.
Esoteric and Magical Uses of Nutmeg
Ruled by the planet Jupiter and the Fire element, nutmeg was considered to provide money, health, loyalty, and, therefore, has been widely used in good luck and health spells.
- An ancient spell indicates that to avoid and combat rheumatism, colds, neuralgia, and eye styes, it was necessary to make a necklace with nutmeg and star anise, and a person should wear it at all times.
- Even a nutmeg hanging on a thread around a child’s neck was believed to help him/her in the teething process.
- According to an old method used by European witches, to cure warts for male patients, a woman should give them nutmeg, and vice versa. The patient should place the nutmeg in his/her pocket, taking it out occasionally to nibble on it. Over time, both nutmeg and a wart should get smaller and smaller.
- To increase your well-being, spread a pinch of crushed nutmeg on a green candle and then light it when there is a crescent moon, and it is in the astrological sign of Taurus.
- According to some gypsies, spreading some nutmeg on a lottery ticket, loading it for a day and one night will increase their chances of winning.
- The next spell, if done correctly, will keep the loved one away from cheating.
With the leaf of your consecrated athame, split a nutmeg into four pieces. Offer a piece to Mother Earth, another to the winds and another to the Fire element. Boil the remaining piece in a fully filled cauldron with water and then. Once cold, consume the water and carry the piece of nutmeg all the time as an amulet.
Special Spells with Nutmeg
For Good Luck (mainly if you’re searching for a job)
You should use three pieces of nutmeg, a tablespoon of vinegar, a tablespoon of cod liver oil, six tablespoons of honey, and a liter of water.
Add all ingredients in the water and boil it. Boil for 20 minutes on low heat.
Bathe with this preparation before going on an important appointment such as a job interview.
Check a list of other get a job spells.
To Attract Prosperity
If you want to attract prosperity to your home, grated nutmeg and a good amount of ginger should be placed inside an empty beer bottle.
Also, you can make a dip bath, before leaving home, to which you should add a little grated nutmeg.
Check a list of herbs for prosperity.
You must grate a whole nutmeg and then store it in a yellow bag which you must carry with you every time you place a bet or buy a lottery ticket.
If you are playing a lottery, you must write down the number on a piece of paper and then place it inside the same bag. It would be best if you did not separate from this bag when you sleep.
Check a list of other lottery spells.
To Attract a Man
If you want to attract a man, you can also use nutmeg together with two tablespoons of almond oil and the petals of three red roses.
In a vessel containing 1 liter of water, the rose petals must be squeezed.
Then add the almond oil and ground nutmeg, boil for 15 minutes and then remove from heat and let it cool down. Bathe with this preparation just before meeting the man you want to attract.
Check a list of call me spells.
To make rheumatism (especially in the hands and feet) more bearable, do the following procedure.
With a ground nutmeg, seven cloves, a white bar of soap (natural, no smell), three cups of orange blossom water, two tablespoons of brown sugar, the juice of a lemon and two egg whites.
Grate the white soap and place inside a pot.
Then put rest of the ingredients in a pot.
Mix everything and wash the body with that mixture (focus on your hands and feet) early in the morning.