Crystals play a significant role in our lives, whether as personal ornaments, home decor, or tools for crystal therapy. However, they tend to absorb negative energies from their environment and people.
To maintain their beauty and effectiveness, regular purification is essential. This article focuses on purifying crystals with salt and identifies which crystals can safely undergo this process.
Crystals that can go in salt, such as azurite, clear quartz, hematite, and amethyst, are versatile and can be used for various cleansing and charging purposes.
Placing crystals in salt can help purify their energy and clear any accumulated negativity or stagnant energy.
This method is particularly useful for crystals that are used frequently or in healing practices.
The Importance of Crystal Purification
Crystals serve both aesthetic and energetic purposes. They must be purified to:
- Remove physical impurities like dust and dirt that affect their appearance and functionality.
- Eliminate negative energies accumulated within them, which can lead to physical and emotional discomfort.
Failure to purify crystals can result in diminished aesthetic appeal and symptoms such as malaise, dizziness, nervousness, anguish, headaches, and negativity.
Crystals Safe for Salt Purification
Purification with salt is the most aggressive method, reprogramming the crystal by erasing all accumulated information. This method is suitable when acquiring a new crystal or when an existing crystal causes severe discomfort.
Ensure the crystal doesn’t directly touch the salt, as it can damage the crystal. Place it in a glass container, preferably glass, as it allows energy exchange between the crystal and salt.
Use coarse salt and leave the crystal for about 2 hours.
Each crystal has an unknown history, making it crucial to start fresh with a thorough purification.
Alternative Purification Methods
- Bach Flowers: Suitable for all crystals except those incompatible with direct salt contact. Apply a few drops of Bach flower extracts directly onto the crystal, leave it for a few minutes, and rinse with running water.
- Clay: Effective and suitable for most crystals. Place the crystal in a cotton bag to prevent contact with the clay and immerse it in the clay for at least 1 hour, up to a full night. The clay can be in a wooden, glass, or earthenware container. If placing the crystal on the clay, turn it after a few hours. Note that clay can’t be reused multiple times due to accumulating negative energies.
- Amethyst Druse: Effective for crystals with minimal negative energy absorption. Place the crystal directly on the amethyst druse, avoiding larger points. Amethyst druses regenerate and purify themselves if left undisturbed for a few days.
- Antahkarana Symbol: Suitable for all crystals. The Antahkarana symbol, an ancient Tibetan symbol, unites heaven and earth and purifies unbalanced energies. Place the crystal on the symbol for at least 4 hours for purification but not as recharge.
Crystals to Avoid with Salt Cleansing
|Selenite should be avoided as it can degrade and dissolve in salt.
|Halite is a salt crystal and should not be combined with more salt.
|Angelite can become brittle and degrade when exposed to salt.
|Malachite is sensitive to salt and can be damaged during salt cleansing.
Purifying crystals is essential, and salt is often a suitable method. Knowing which crystals can safely undergo salt purification allows you to maintain the natural essence and effectiveness of these magical tools.