There is nothing wrong with using spells found in books or on the internet, but they can contain errors, have bad consequences, or can simply not align with what you are seeking.
In this article, I will teach you how to draw inspiration from spells you find in order to write your own!
Why is it useful?
Spells written by other people will never be charged with the same energy as one written by yourself. When writing your own spells, you understand that the desire and energy you put into it is what makes it work, as well as the words you say and the objects you use.
- Writing your own spells is a great opportunity for you to test your abilities while gaining more experience.
- While writing spells, attitude is important: it must be undertaken with openness, need, clarity, confidence, faith and detachment.
Where should I write my own spells?
The best option is to create a Book of Shadow where you can write down the spells and rituals you created. This allows you to add notes about your sensations while casting the spell, modify it, and report the casting experience!
Components of a spell
|Intention||The specific goal or desired outcome of the spell.|
|Ingredients||The materials and substances used in the spell, such as herbs, crystals, candles, or oils.|
|Tools||The magical tools or objects utilized during the spell, such as a wand, athame, or tarot cards.|
|Incantation||The words, phrases, or chants spoken during the spell to invoke energy and intention.|
|Ritual||The actions, gestures, and movements performed during the spell to enhance its effectiveness.|
|Timing||The astrological or lunar phases, specific days or hours, or seasonal considerations for casting the spell.|
A step-by-step guide: writing your own spells and rituals
Dedicating and moving a lot of energy to gain something you don’t need is pointless. In order for an observable and lasting change to occur, it is necessary to have a need for what you are trying to obtain because if you can do without something you will not put enough will into earning it.
This is why personally casting a spell for something we need is much more effective than doing it for someone else or having someone else do it for us.
It is very important to know exactly what you want to achieve and to be sure that you really want it. This is because magic follows the lines of least resistance. There are so many possible variables that it is very difficult to know how our spell will be realized if our will waver.
Each change in fact creates a chain of changes in the general design of our lives. We need to envision our desires to see them manifest clearly.
To make a wish come true, it is necessary to not build walls that can deflect the magic lines too much. In short, avoid creating internal resistances yourself. If you feel you don’t deserve to get the desired result, you will create a resistance that is rather difficult to overcome and the magic lines will eventually run out of energy trying to break through your own walls.
To utter a spell with feelings of pain, remorse, anger, and other feelings that we here refer to as negative is equivalent to casting a curse on oneself and one’s desire. In my experience, this is very true.
When we need something, we feel a sense of urgency and we become very involved. But for any spell to succeed, we must maintain clarity and a certain detachment – not to be confused with indifference.
You should mimic the detachment of those who are sure they have the solution to their problems in their pocket, so no longer worry. When you speak your spell, smile.
Spells and above all rituals always work, whether the change occurs according to the plans you set for yourself or whether things change unexpectedly or even against your intentions. It is difficult for nothing to happen once you send your energy out into the universe to make a change.
So, have faith and let things mature, give the spell time to unfold. Imagine that you have put a cake in the oven, you don’t continually go and open the oven door to see if it is ready, otherwise, the cake will deflate! Furthermore, trust also means knowing that the forces of nature conspire in our favor and that this favor is to be preserved by bringing respect.
One way to respect is silence: if we go and blurt out to the four winds that we have cast a spell before it is realized, not only do we waste our energies, not only do we create other resistances that may be due to envy and jealousy of others between us and the success of the spell, but we are also antagonizing the favors of the universe.
So, let’s our magical operations secret until they are realized and after, if possible.
A powerful formula you need to follow
If the assumptions listed above are true, then your spell writing should follow a simple 5-step formula.
- Describe as precisely as possible the goal you want to achieve, perhaps in writing;
- Take a mental photograph (a static visualization) of your final goal and imagine that you have achieved it;
- Make a physical model of your goal. There are many ways to do this, for example, to draw it, create a collage, use a symbol by creating a seal using a magical alphabet (runic, Theban, numerical, etc.) and whatever other way you feel attracted to because it is important that this model suits you;
- Energize your model. To do this you can use, as well as your own energy, the energies around you contained in plants, crystals, precious metals, etc. To channel your energy into the model, you can create a melody to speak aloud, dance, sing, or recite formulas from the detailed description you made in point one. It is always important that you master the way you choose to do this: dancing awkwardly is not as useful as dancing confidently, for example. You can also harness energies from the world around you;
- Act in accordance with your spell. This means you have to convince yourself that what you want is already yours and act as if you already have it.
Once the spell has been cast, you will have some materials left: the written description, the model, and the ingredients you used to load it. The written description must be completed with a record or report of everything you did to carry out the spell to have an account to consult later.
Keep it in a notebook that you keep specifically for your spells.
With the model and the other ingredients (plants, crystals, etc.) you can:
- Put them in a colored bag and keep it closed until the spell is realized, then open it and offer the contents to Nature (as long as they are biodegradable and not polluting). The color of the bag and the natural environment (such as a forest or river) must be chosen in accordance with the spell.
- Burn them and disperse the ashes. This method is ideal if the spell is used to ward off or destroy something rather than attract it to us.
- Bury them. This method is ideal if the spell is used to make something grow, to hide something or to forget something.
- Leave them in running water while they are in a bag. This method is ideal if the spell is used to cleanse, purify, heal or soothe something.
- Put them in a bag and tie them to something up high, such as a tree branch. This method is ideal if the spell is used to attract news, remember something, find something.
Tips and considerations for spell writing
|Tip or Consideration||Description|
|Clarify Intent||Clearly define your intention and be specific about what you want to achieve with the spell.|
|Align with Ethics||Ensure your spell aligns with your personal ethics and does not infringe upon the free will of others.|
|Customize and Adapt||Personalize the spell to suit your unique needs and beliefs, adapting it to fit your individual practice.|
|Focus on Energy||Pay attention to the energy you bring to the spell, as your intention and focus are vital for its success.|
|Practice and Refine||Regularly practice spellcasting to refine your skills and learn from your experiences for future improvement.|
Why should I create my own spells?
Creating your own spells is a powerful way to connect with your own energy. It’s like you are putting your own essence into the practice, letting the universe know exactly how you feel about a situation and what you want to achieve with the casting.
Plus, with your own spell, you are going to avoid performing the spells you found passively without really caring for the spell itself.
Doing things without being truly committed and “present” can affect the results of your spell, causing it to not manifest or even manifest dangerously, especially if you have some residual negative energy that you let interfere with your craft. The creation of your own spell gives you the opportunity to also have a clear mind and a specific intention for the casting.