The scrying mirror is a powerful instrument of divination and evocation, with it we can evoke spirits or demons. Divination is the practice of obtaining information, using supernatural forces, from spirits or demons. It is a mediumistic communication channel with other worlds, we can use it to see past lives, to help us in our astral travel or to make spells. In this article, I’ll explain how to make a scrying mirror and what is it.
The magical realm behind a scrying mirror
The scrying mirror is a very powerful divination tool, its legend has been around since very ancient times and has given the scrying mirror the reputation of a portal to other dimensions or realities. The scrying mirror is a useful magickal tool to evoke entities, spirits, to better visualize your aura or to travel to other planes of reality.
Often a large rock crystal can be used to replace the classic crystal ball.
There are various types of scrying mirror including:
- The first is the simplest, it is a flat glass, blackened on the reverse with carbon black or paint suitable for the glass, 10-15 centimeters / 4-6 inches in diameter. It is used only for the evocation of spirits and is completely unsuitable for divination but is very useful for practicing the visualization of the aura as well.
- The second is the concave mirror, round, with a larger diameter than the previous one, a minimum of 30 centimeters / 12 inches, it is used for both necromancy and divination (therefore used a lot by those who also practice spiritism).
- The third is the most difficult to build but it is the best, it is oval and convex and rather large in size, around 5-6 feet / 1.5-1.8 meters in height. To make a scrying mirror you will have to do a lot of work and track down an old picture of those depicting the Marian figures that were once hung on double beds and are often still sometimes found in this location. The second-hand markets sometimes have them and some smaller antique shops. These are ideal for divination, necromancy, travelling between worlds and for aura visualization.
How to build a scrying mirror?
You can easily buy the mirror, or you can build it yourself, but how to do it?
The procedure is much simpler than you imagine, just buy a frame you might put photos in, with the glass spray the back it with a spray can of black acrylic enamel.
Once you have colored one side of the glass, it’s done. Just mount the sprayed glass (painted side to the back) in the frame. You can either keep the scrying mirror wrapped in a black cloth, preferably silk or cotton or if you want to hang it, do it on a wall facing east, but remember to keep out of any direct sunlight.
You can also have the glass blackened by incense smoke or a candle, however the method I explained above is the cheapest.
We can bless it to a divinity by reciting a prayer dedicated to it, and while doing this we must make circular movements with our hands over the mirror.
Purification and consecration
Wash the glass with running water for three consecutive nights or under a spring for one night, just before the full moon, then fumigate it with Artemisia based incense to purify it further. This will help increase your divination skills, exposing it to the light of the full moon and soak it for one night in the infusion of Chamomile and Artemisia. Then let it rest near your wand and near some black onyx.
The surface must be clean, do not let anyone touch it, only the owner, nobody should reflect their image except the owner, except for a ritual context. The mirror must be used often if we want to be in tune with it. The more we use it, the more we will be in tune with it, never expose it to sunlight, it must always be indoors.
Divination must always be done at night, with the light of one candle or more, with two candles on the sides, we can burn incense too, the light while doing the divination must be only candles or in the moonlight.
NEVER USE THE SUNLIGHT, NEVER!
To divine situate the mirror where nothing reflects in it, even we must not reflect on it.
The objective methods
- If we see the clouds going upwards, the response will be positive.
- If we see clouds going downwards, it will be negative.
- The clouds can have different colors.
- Positive ones are white, green, purple and blue.
- Negative ones are black, dark gray.
- Negative situations are yellow = loss, orange = betrayal / slander / disappointment, red = disease / danger.
So let’s relax, close our eyes, relax our muscles, visualize the circle if we created it, breathe regularly, invoke a divinity or guiding spirit, open our eyes and fix on the center of the mirror / surface, the spirit we see into our soul and through our visions the answers will take place.
It is important to open the third eye, but to do this you need to do a lot of meditation and practice.
We can also use crystals, such as amethyst.
Use something to write down our feelings or perceptions, to be able to study them to help us understand certain things.